Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Can Totally Climb Out of My Crib If I Want To

The title pretty much says it all for this one. I've heard Mom and Dad talking about it here and there the last couple months - wondering if I could climb out of my bed and when the time was coming that my good morning "Dada!" would be a face-to-face surprise rather than me yelling it from my room.

Well, I haven't done that yet, but I can totally climb out of my crib if I want to. For now I'm content to just stay there and let Mom or Dad come and get me when I'm done sleeping. Or put me there when I've done something they don't like. They always say "this is a Time Out", which I guess is when I'm supposed to practice yelling my head off. Kind of like the Emergency Broadcast System tests, you know?

But I can totally climb out if I want to. I'd been hiding it, but I got carried away this morning getting out of bed, when dad and I were having some fun throwing toys out of the crib (me) and throwing them back (dad). For some reason one of those giant exercise balls was in my room and I wanted him to throw it in but he seemed to think that wasn't the greatest idea. So I threw my blankie over in the corner and when he turned his head to pick it up I just hopped over the rail and climbed down and grabbed the ball. No biggie.

I think the cat's out of the bag though - Dad's a disappointingly alert guy at times, and I think he noticed that he hadn't lifted me out and yet there I was on the ground. He tried to play it off [Ed: Yes - I kind of like thinking that he'll stay in his bed if I put him there] but he was kind of looking at me funny. I'll keep you posted on what happens tomorrow morning.

4 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger wenmei said...

Uh oh! I'm worried about when Z figures this out too. Then do we lock his bedroom door (I know, BAD mommy)? Or just tie him to the crib so he can't make it very far? Perhaps we can tie him to a concrete block that we keep in the crib, so even if he gets out, he can't get the block out (worked with trying to keep a dog in the yard).

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Jenny said...

oh you are in SUCH big trouble. : ) But he lasted a LONG time- at least in the Markmiller way of climbing.

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Jenny said...

And then I looked at the date of your post. And I am officially the dumbest person alive. And wait. why do you not post here? : )

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home