Thursday, September 11, 2008

Russian Rumors 3 - I'm Very Concerned about Cats

So we're touring St. Petersburg, Russia now, and it's a very beautiful city - lots of canals and really cool architecture. Dad says it looks a bit like Paris, with Amsterdam's canals thrown in. I guess that's what happens when you build a city in a swamp!

But enough about the city - I'm worried about the cats! And dogs to some extent, but I know from Itchy [Ed: Josie's current mis-pronounced name] at home that they can take care of themselves. Cats, I'm not so sure about. And I keep seeing them everywhere here in Russia - don't they have homes? I guess they're probably doing okay here - we actually got to see a kitty cat catch it's lunch one day back in Moscow which was a lot of fun, though I kind of felt bad for the little bird that turned into the lunch. And in a convent no less? Aren't those supposed to be safe havens or something. Maybe that's just from vampires.

Anyway. We were walking down the street here in St. Petersburg this afternoon and I saw a cat walking around, which is pretty much normal, but then I saw it go under some parked cars like it was going to walk out into the street! And EVERYBODY knows that you don't walk out into the street without holding Mom or Dad's hand, so I started calling to the cat "Watch out! Watch Out! Safe safe safe Oh no oh no oh no oh no!!!" [Ed: yes, really]

I don't know if the cat didn't speak English or what, but it just ignored me, and to make matters worse, Dad started pushing the stroller the other direction down the sidewalk and so I don't know what happened to the kitty.

I hope they're okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home