Sunday, September 14, 2008

Russian Rumors 4 - Max!!!

I don't know if I've mentioned it here before, but I'm a huge fan of the Max & Ruby show on TV. That Max is such a clever little bunny! Handsome too, as you can see in the picture to the right.

So you can guess how excited I was when it turned out that Dad has a friend living in St. Petersburg, and his name is Max!!! Wow! Who knew that Dad was so cool? (Max writes some of the software that Dad uses at work, in case you're curious.)

Max has a wife named Lena, and she was really nice too. For some reason that I'm not telling anyone, I re-named her "Money". That's just going to be my secret for now. But whatever I was calling them (I got Max's name right of course), they helped us be tourists for our last two days in St. Petersburg. Here's a picture of Max and Lena and Mom (and I think I'm in the stroller, but I'm sleeping, so it's not worth mentioning). They all have cups of hot wine that Lena made, which was good because it was a cold day. I only got a little taste of the hot wine, but it was really good, and Lena promised to send Dad the recipe, so hopefully I'll get to try it again soon.


It was a lot of fun! We went to the House of some guy named Peter, which was out in the country, I think because that's the only place that it was safe to build so many fountains. You wouldn't believe how many there were! It was really cool - don't get me wrong, but I think there are something like 20 different fountains in this guy's yard, and that's not counting the big one that's built into the house. That fountain is pretty neat too, though I'm a little bit worried about what the golden man at the bottom is doing to the lion - I think he might be hurting it!! You must get funny ideas when you live in a house that big.


Max said that when he was little, he lived near this Peter House [Peterhof] and that it was closed in the winter time, but there were gaps in the fence where he and his friends could sneak through and play in the fountains. He said he even got to go behind the fountains and look at all the fancy pipes that brought the water from a nearby lake. Just like something Max the bunny would do! I wonder if I change my name to Max if I'd be that cool too? It wouldn't be a big change - I've already got two of the letters!

It was a good thing we had Max & Lena with us, because once we got back to the city from the fountain guy's house, they took us to get some Russian donuts at a special shop that's famous for making the best ones in town. They were sooooo good! I think Dad ate more than his share - maybe six or so. I only got two, so I'm feeling kind of left out.

Then, the next day, we all went to the Peter & Paul Fortress, which was a kind of on an island by itself. What is it with naming things Peter in this city? Is that the only name that people use around here? Other than MAX, of course! We also went for what Max called a "student lunch" which was some blinis, and Mom got a baked potato. That was really good! And I got to sit on my own stool like a big boy.


Dad says that Max comes to our country every now and then, so hopefully I'll get to see him again

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. SO answer this question for me. What happened to their parents? Why do they have no parents? Ruby seems to do everything for Max. Hmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home