Saturday, September 08, 2007

China Tales 3 - A Great (Wall) First Birthday

I've been alive for one whole year!

Started out just eating, sleeping, and pooping. But now I'm up to walking, talking, and flying to China! (And did I mention that I have four teeth now?)

Well as you can tell, I'm pretty excited. And that's only partly because of the birthday party that Mom & Dad threw for me today. I mean, life is pretty good here in China, seeing as how I'm the most popular person wherever I go and all. But today, my parents really topped themselves. Almost makes me think that Mom planned this whole China trip around today?

What'd we do? We went and walked on the Great Wall of China. The Great Wall of China. THE GREAT WALL OF CHINA. And this is just my first birthday?!? I'll say it one more time - The Great Wall of China. I mean - how cool is that?!?

There's not a lot more to tell, - I'll let the pictures below tell the rest of the story. We came, we took a ski lift up to the Wall, we saw, we partied, we climbed stairs (okay, Dad did most of the climbing for the two of us), and we took a tobaggon ride back down to the parking area. That's right, a tobaggon. A small, wheeled sled that Dad and I sat on top of. Dad had a brake (which he used a bit too much in my opinion), and that was our only control for a five minute ride from the top of the mountain where the Great Wall is back down to the parking area. Pictures are below, and probably shouldn't be viewed by the more safety-conscious among you. Dad actually took video too, but we haven't gotten that online yet.

Before we get to all the pictures (which are also in Mom & Dad's China photo album, in case you're curious), I should get to the matter of the cake. We had a small piece of pineapple upside-down cake that Mom bought in a little shop with us when we were partying on the Great Wall. But then later that night when we got back to the hotel, they had a whole real birthday cake with candles and icing and everything waiting for us! Man, was that a cool hotel. So we had some cake, sang a little song, and then I hit the sack.

But man - what a birthday!

I'll let pictures tell most of the rest of the story.

Mom, Dad, and me, on the Great Wall:

Dad is great at climbing stairs!


Tobaggan time!


Mom got this last one as we headed off down the hill


1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home