Wednesday, September 05, 2007

China Tales 2 - Livin' Like a Rock Star

We made it to Beijing safely and found our hotel, which is this totally cool, authentic place off of some tiny alleys, which they claim are actually the local streets in the old part of town, but I know an alley when I see one, and this is an alley. But that was cool - the room has this fancy four-poster bed with orange silk hanging all around - totally awesome! Starting to think that Mom & Dad might be okay to travel with after all.


The next morning it was off to see the Forbidden City. Which I think we saw, but I was surrounded by my adoring fans for much of the day, so it was kind of hard to tell.

I mean - I got some of this in Hong Kong, but here it's just gotten ridiculous! It started when some lady on the city bus gave me a little stuffed animal. Then we were walking from the bus stop to the Forbidden City and people would come up and say hi and want to take pictures with me. And then we got to the Forbidden City itself, and it was just a mob scene. Take pictures with them. Let them touch my leg and say "how chubby". A couple ladies wanted to hold me even, but I kinda drew the line at that and let my feelings be known on the matter.



I mean WOW! Now I know how Brad and Angelina must feel. But at least people aren't always tryng to grab their cheeks and stuff.


So Mom & Dad adopted a strategy of keeping moving, which seemed to work pretty well. Saw the Forbidden City in record time, and then it was over to Tian'anmen Square, where they let me out of the backpack and turned me loose. Another mob scene! It's been kinda funny and kinda wierd, but overall it was really cool to see that stuff.

That evening, after some napping, we went to a local restaurant that the hotel recommended and had some amazing Chinese food. Pork something something, some chicken something something, a corn, pine nuts, and cucumber dish, and the best fried rice that Mom has ever had. Great stuff!

Then it was back to the hotel for more sleeping. All theis adoration can really take it out of a person, you know?

Today it was off to the Summer Palace, and more of the same. I tell you - these people can't get enough of me! Maybe we can go someplace more secluded tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

has the boy had any rice yet? he needs rice!!! the ricemaster will be so pleased to hear of his rice-capades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home