Thursday, June 14, 2007

Does this mean I can buy beer?

I've got a passport now! Not really my best picture - I thought the camera guy was going to count to three and then take the picture, but he took it on three. So now I'm stuck with this picture for the next five years.

But that's okay - the other kids at the library reading (play) group are totally impressed. One boy thought that this meant I could buy beer now, but I'm not so sure about that. Besides - I don't think any of us could get a bottlecap off anyway.

Why do I have this? Mom and Dad are plotting a trip to China for my first birthday present. Apparently I'm going to be taking a stroll on the Great Wall of China on my birthday. Personally, I'm thinking that this is just as much a present for Mom for everything she's been through in the last year, but I'm game -this should be fun! Dad is attempting to learn some Mandarin (Chinese) for the trip - he's still cranky from a trip to Kenya a couple years ago when he felt like not speaking Swahili was a huge disadvantage in various negotiations so he's decided to learn as much Mandarin as possible. He says he's doing pretty well with it, but its all Greek to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home